When do you need a Sick Note?
You only need a doctor’s note if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than seven calendar days.
You must self-certify for these first seven days, you can find this form below, or collect one from the front desk at the surgery. When it is past these seven days, you may need a Doctors validation for an extended leave.
Your employer will provide you with an SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of illness.
What is the process regarding Sick Notes?
- Self Certify for the first seven days.
- If you require more leave after this period contact the surgery through an online request form or through the surgery’s phone line (01782 831101).
- The Doctor may require you to have an appointment before issuing a sick note. If you have been in hospital or are suffering from bereavement it is likely and appointment may not be needed.
- When your appointment is done and with the Doctors approval, you will be given your sick note.
- Once this expires you may request for an extension, but you do need to wait for it to expire.